Wednesday 29 August 2012

Update

So, my last post was February, and now it's August more than a year later.  I guess it might be time for an update...

In some ways a lot has changed and in some ways it's the same.

The biggest change is that I have a new job.  I started in March last year, and am now part of the dreaded public sector.  The job is very different from my last role, and so far I am loving it.  It's a great challenge, but has commensurate renumeration.

I'm still happily married and have a beautiful wife who works in retail. She has recently started a new job, and the pay is slightly worse but the hours and travel are much better. I also have a lovely dog and cat at home.

I'm registered self employed but the income hasn't been more than a few hundred pounds a year so far. With the new job, I just don't have a lot of time or energy for building apps or the like.

I have basically stopped role playing (by which I mean games like dungeons and dragons, and not anything kinky) and as a consequence haven't seen most of my friends in a while. This was more due to a growing discontent with the gaming that we were doing than a falling out with them, and truth to tell I do miss the gaming and the social aspect.

I have been following a few projects and recently received the pdf of Torchbearer by the Burning Wheel crew. It looks great! I've also backed exalted 3e and will have to get my wife to play when I  get the pdf of that.

My wife got me a kindle so I have been devouring books on the way to and from work - if anyone can recommend some good fantasy or SF let me know.

I'll try to be somewhat active on here going forward...

No comments: